The methods of developing the cultural values and fine taste of the young children may differ but it is widely known that the most fruitful results shown the children that are being brought up in the happy families. The parents who enjoy their culture, and lead the full and active life have the happy and smart children. If the journals and books are the necessary part of the daily round and the parents are interested in arts and culture the children are likely to be well-mannered and educated. The developing of the cultural values should be started far before the child begins to read and write.
- A good way to arouse interest of a child to the culture is to read fairy-tales aloud together. To choose the appropriate one take into consideration the age and the word stock of your children. Avoid reading the tales about the evil powers, ghosts and monsters to the children under three years old. They are likely to mix up the reality with the imaginary world.
- Examine the photos and art objects together with your children. Comment upon the family photos and tell your children the story of creation of various artful paintings. Try to give appropriate and easy-to-understand answers to their questions. Studying the illustrations shouldn't arouse negative emotions or make the children upset. Choose the ones that will inspire them and provide optimism, confidence and pleasure.
- Visit museums, cinemas and theaters together with your child. The performances you watch will be useful for the children if you share your opinions and discuss what you have seen.
- Go for a walk together with your family. Attend the farms, parks and old mansions. Tell your children the history of your country and show them the places of interest in your city. Let them know that there are a lot of interesting events that happened in your place.
- Approve of your children participation in decorating your house and improving the interior. Teach them how to arrange flowers in a bouquet and how to find the matching colors. Doing some handicraft with the children will be an interesting occupation for both the junior and the senior members of the family. Maybe you will find a new hobby that will unite you for the future years.
- Choose the clothes for your children together with them. Pay attention to their preferences and try to find a compromise between the smart and comfortable clothes. Explain the importance of the outfit that is appropriate for a certain occasion.